Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: need help

scarletteclipse - Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:09 pm

Alright, I have been bleeding for 72 days now, non stop. Only lately have they become almost unbearably painful (this last week). I went to the gyno a month ago and she did a pelvic brief and blood count, and couldn't see any abnormals, so told me to wait. So I went back yesterday, and she didn't even check me or even talk to me. She did another blood count and found it to be very high and that my sugar was normal. She sent me home and wanted to make me an appt with her in 3 MONTHS! So I am going to another gyno that was recommended to me this coming Monday. I don't know what is going on and I am getting scared. I am only 17. I am 5'10 and I have dropped from being a healthy 130 pounds to a mere 110 (even though I eat 3 meals a day). I am so tired, and recently can barely get through ONE school day. Teachers and friends are even starting to ask if I am on any drugs!!! (which, by the way, I am not). So, please, if anyone could help at all or make any suggestions as to what might be wrong, please help. Thank you.

:(
 Binkalette - Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:29 pm

:shock: You poor girl! I wish I could tell you what's wrong with you.. I was originaly thinking that it was something age related until you said that you were 17. I'm also 17 and when you said that you bled for 72 days it reminded me of when my mom had a period that wouldn't stop. They ended up taking her uterus out.. I guess that happens to a lot of older women..Not us 17 year olds though... I hope you figure out what's wrong...

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us