Question: Depo-Provera

CCpowell - Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:44 am

I've been taking Depo-Provera for almost a year now. What I was wondering is , ever since I started taking Depo-Provera I have not had a Menstual Cycle, is this common.?Also is it possible to get pregnant taking Depo Provera??
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:10 am

User avatar Hi CCpowell,
No menses while taking Depo-Provera is rather common. It would be impossible to state that any birth control method is 100% full proof. I would suggest that while you are taking the Depo-Provera that you also take a calcium supplement as there has been some research suggesting that the use of this type of birth control may have an effect on bone density.
 Tallahasee - Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:35 am

I have been receiving the depo injection for about a year now and have never had any problems, until i received my latest injection. The nurse done it about halfway up my back, and now i can barely walk as the injection site is causing me severe pain, is this normal?