Question: Brown Vaginal Discharge right after Period

sugarpie - Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:46 am

I have a brownish/red vaginal discharge which started about 3-4 days after my period. I was sexually active between the end of my period and the beginning of the discharge. Is this something I should be concerned about, or will it go away on its own? It was red/brown for the first 2-3 days and now it's a light brown/white/clear. It has been going on for just a week. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated! There is no itching or burning with this. Thank you!
 teenie331 - Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:46 am

Not to worry. The brown discharge is simply blood that has been up there for a little while... like a few days. You probably had a clot or something get caught "up there," and now you are seeing the effects. Unless this persists incessantly (or at least for 2 weeks), it's probably nothing to be concerned about. Best wishes.

-Christine
 sugarpie - Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:24 am

Thank you Christine! I was a little worried, my bf also! Thank you...
 Binkalette - Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:16 pm

Yea I get that all the time..don't worry about it.. It's just like a...self cleaning system. You could have also caused it by having rough sex or doing something that could have made it bleed a little inside..Not a big deal.. :)
 sugarpie - Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:53 am

Thanks... It's always nice to be reassured that it's nothing to be worried about :)