Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: boobs hurt really bad

boobshurt - Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:59 pm

I noticed 2 weeks ago that my boobs were really sensitive. I tried to run at the gym but it hurt too bad to even walk fast. Yesterday I took a pregnancy test by blood which came back negative. I thought I might have been pregnant becase I switched from Depo to the Pill after the third mont of being on Depo, so I figured maybe that lag caused a pregnancy but it didn't. So now I'm wondering why my boobs are so sore to the touch, to bounce, to do anything. I am 22 so I'm pretty sure they are fully grown. Any advice? I won't get to a doctor for a week.
 Binkalette - Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:15 pm

Actually, they can keep growing until your about 28... But I'm on the pill as well, and ever since I started taking it, my breasts have been felt heavy and swollen. They hurt to begin with, but it went away pretty soon. Maybe that's what your experiencing too?
 soldier506 - Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:09 am

Hi, your best bet would be to get a pregnancy test done at your local clinic. These are more accurate than home types. Also some tests do not show any results until a person is several weeks pregnant. My wife tested positive after a couple of tests at her local clinic.

It could be caused by the hormones from the medication that you are taking also. The test will rule out a pregnancy.
 boobshurt - Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:02 pm

Yeah maybe it is the pill.
I did have my test done at a clinic and it came back negative.
I stopped taking the Pill the other day so I'm going to se if it goes away by the time my doc appointment rolls around.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us