Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: local Doctors unable to help

 dark_angel_826 - Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:36 am

I am a 21 year old woman I have never taken birthcontrol, I am not pregnant or breastfeeding. I have been missing my period for the past 6 months, I have an unpleasant vaginal odor and a white mucousy discharge. Please help me find out what is wrong and what I can do about it.
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:29 pm

You have secondary amenorrhea as a result of PID. I would exclude specific vaginal infections since they do not present with amenorrhea. Have your PID treated, your periods would again resume. If you have further concerns, you can send me an email.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us