Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Am i pregnant brown spotting before period?

jz23qt - Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:29 pm

Hi my last period was on July 27th, 2005. I had unprotected sex with my fiance about 5 times around the weekend of August 12 with him orgasming inside of me and I do not take birth control of any kind. I started spotting brown on August 20th and very light at first then it got dark brown. It lasted lightly for 5 days. I have been going to urinate frequently and i really want to know but I do not expect my period until the 27th. I have heard of imlantation bleeding and now I'm really curious. What else could cause this other than being pregnant?Please help me!!!!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:05 am

User avatar If you are having unprotected sex, the only way to know if you are pregnant is to take a test.
Periods can change every month depending on a lot of different factors, and it is possible that you just had a normal period, but it was lighter than usual. Wait until next month to see if you have a period then, or take a pregnancy test.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us