Question: Vaginal Infections and odor

short4life - Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:28 pm

Hi. I have been having a problem with my vaginal health for some time now. I have tried everything to try and treat the problem, but I don't seem to have any luck. I havn't been itching that much, but I do have an odor that is uncommon and I would like to figure out what it is and how it can be treated as soon as possible. Can someone help me please?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:31 am

User avatar You probably have bacterial vaginosis or a yeast infection. A yeast infection can be treated over the counter, but BV needs to be treated with an antiboitic prescribed by a doctor. If you have never been diagnosed with a yeast infection before, it is advisable to see a doctor first, so that you know the symptoms before treating it yourself.
Without more information on what the odor is like, and if there is any discharge, I cannot make a clear diagnosis.