Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: bruising after sex

moderngirl99 - Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:05 am

I need some advice.

Last night I had sex, by hand stimulation, from a man who brought me to G-spot orgasms (my first!), and multi-orgasms. It was an intense experience, but now I am very swollen and bruised. This was large man, so his hands were large and strong. I think the bruising is only external, but the bruising is quite extensive. Needless to say I am very sore.

I am wondering how to best treat this, and welcome any advice.

I've been elevating my pelvis and have been applying ice. I've also been using some vitamin E and polysporin, and have taken some tylenol.

thanks!!
 dlugose - Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:58 pm

Note I'm not a doctor, but a nurse. Probably you are healed by now? It is not all that rare, if sex is sometimes more physical than you are used to. Antibiotics are probably not helpful; better (if bleeding) would be normal hygiene, unless there are specific signs of infection. When I have seen this it was almost entirely gone in two days.
 moderngirl99 - Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:25 pm

Hi, thanks for your response. Yes, I am healed now, but this is still helpful. Mostly it's good to know it's not all that unusual. I did end up talking to a pharmacist, and I treated it mostly with ice and elevating my pelvis.

Thanks again.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us