Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Missed pill/nipple senisitivy

Kelsey - Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:20 am

I have been on Diane 35 for nearly a year now and last month I missed a pill. When I realized I missed it I took the pill and used back up for 7 days. After more than 7 days of perfect use I took a pill about 5 hours late... this was in my last active week. After my 7 day break, with a normal period, I had sex again (relying just on bc) after only two pills. How likely is it that I am pregnant?

I am curious because in the past week or so my breasts have been feeling really weird. I have an odd sensation (almost like a tickling) near my nipples that is not painful. It's not extremely noticeable but unusual seeing as I have never really had sensitive nipples. My nipples are not sensitive to the touch but rather the feeling is from inside my breasts or from breathing. I have no idea what is causing this and am concerned it could have something to do with pregnancy, though I have no other symptoms.

Any help would be great!

Thank you!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:23 am

User avatar The chance that you are pregnant is small, if you used backup for seven days after the missed pill, and took it as soon as you realized you missed it. Taking the pill 5 hours late should not cause a pregnancy, If you are concerned, wait 2 weeks and take a pregnancy test to ease your mind.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us