Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Chlamydia

 pleasehelp - Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:51 pm

I had chlamydia and got tested for it 2 months ago. My boyfriend went today to the doctor to finally get tested. The doctor told him she didn't think he had it because he had absolutely no syptoms. We have been using condoms. I am scared because he thinks that I cheated. He has been my only partner. He had an affair with someone 2 years ago. I got tested and came out positive for chlamydia and got treated then aswell. I am really scared.
 Gracie - Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:01 pm

Symptoms for chlamydia do not always appear. If you had it and have been having unprotected sex with your boyfriend he needs tested and treated. When I had chlamydia before, my boyfriend was prescribed the medicine for it without being tested simply because I had it and we had unprotected sex. You also should not be having sex with him until he is tested because you can get reinfected with it.
Chladymia can go undetected for years with no symptoms and can cause problems later in life when you try to become pregnant so it is important to have him get tested and treated as soon as possible. If he had an affair 2 years ago it is possible that you have had it since then and not known, woman don't alwyas present with symptoms for many years.
 pleasehelp - Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:03 pm

Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us