Question: Chlamydia

pleasehelp - Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:51 pm

I had chlamydia and got tested for it 2 months ago. My boyfriend went today to the doctor to finally get tested. The doctor told him she didn't think he had it because he had absolutely no syptoms. We have been using condoms. I am scared because he thinks that I cheated. He has been my only partner. He had an affair with someone 2 years ago. I got tested and came out positive for chlamydia and got treated then aswell. I am really scared.
 Gracie - Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:01 pm

Symptoms for chlamydia do not always appear. If you had it and have been having unprotected sex with your boyfriend he needs tested and treated. When I had chlamydia before, my boyfriend was prescribed the medicine for it without being tested simply because I had it and we had unprotected sex. You also should not be having sex with him until he is tested because you can get reinfected with it.
Chladymia can go undetected for years with no symptoms and can cause problems later in life when you try to become pregnant so it is important to have him get tested and treated as soon as possible. If he had an affair 2 years ago it is possible that you have had it since then and not known, woman don't alwyas present with symptoms for many years.
 pleasehelp - Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:03 pm

Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it.