Question: Painful Intercourse

elhazzja - Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:05 pm

I have been married for almost 2 years and for the past 7 months or so I have experienced very painful intercourse with my husband. The entrance of the vagina feels almost raw and it burns after we have sex, especially when I urinate after sex. I do not have any discharge ever or adominal pain. I have been the the doctor several times. Twice I was diagnosed with a yeast infection and twice for bacterial vaginosis. I am fine after treatment for a while, but then it starts again. Could something more be wrong? She also said I might just have sensitive skin. But how can I prevent this from happening? It is ruining my husband's and my sex life and he is becoming frustrated, but it really hurts when this happens and I think it is starting again because I have slight pain down there. Can you please give me any advice?
 elhazzja - Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:43 pm

:( I posted this message on September 2 and still no replies. Doesn't anyone have an idea what's going? I had my yearly pap smear and it came out fine. The last couple of times I had intercourse with my husband I have just had a slight burning sensation right after sex when I urniate. During the day I am perfectly fine. I do have some pain during the intercourse, but not much. Do I have any symptoms of an STD????? :( I've been to my doctor several times about this, when it gets bad, but they have never suggested any STD check. Am I worrying too much about this???????? Please help
 elhazzja - Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:46 pm

I have been with my husband for almost 3 years. Can an STD lie dormant for that long if that's what is wrong with me?
 jane doe - Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:39 pm

For the past year I have been experiencing intense burning and irritation after my husband and I have intercourse. About a week ago I found two red bumbs with white heads on either side of the opening to my vagina. the pain is intense for a few hours after and then i am left with a light burning sensation always. i have been to the doctor several times. i have been diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis and yeast infection. when i am perscribed antibiotics the pain goes away for about a week then comes back. what is going on with me?? My doctor said that she didnt see any bumps but they are still there. :? :cry:
 buggs24 - Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:53 pm

Well I am not a Dr or a nurse but I do know a little bit about some of the things you are asking questions about. The first is that I have been told that after having a yeast infection and you have been treated you can get it again from you partner. So even though your husband has no symptoms it may be a good idea to have him treated so you stop spreading it back and forth. Second, there are STD's that stay dormant for up to many years but the only one I know of is HPV (a form of genital worts). Your symptoms don't sound like that though. HPV symptoms usually do include soreness and itching, but also signs of bumps. It wouldn't hurt to get it checked out though. I know it is frustrating I am having pains during intercourse too. But inside by my right ovary... I'm worried about it but hope to get some answers from the Dr.

Hope I could help some... :)