Question: pregnancy problem

mopsy - Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:03 am

i am 35 weeks pregnant and have been getting diarrhoea on and off for the last month, i reported it to the midwife last times and they told me not to eat and see if it went and it did. but i am now worried 'cos it is reoccuring. on top of this for about four months i have had a pain at the bottom of my bum which i only feel when i sit down (there is no bleeding) :( what do you think these are and do u think they are connected? please help!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:02 am

User avatar Hi mopsy,
The pain in your bum and loose or more frequent bowel movements may be associated with nearing the end of term of your pregnancy. Hemorrhoids, also a common occurrence in some women during pregancy also causes discomfort. Your midwife should evaluate to see if hemorrhoids are present and if not the I would relate the pressure/discomfort/pain in this area to be related to the position of the baby. You may want to change your diet and see if this has any benefit. If the diarrhea persists then the cause should be identified.