Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: lower abdominal pain

dianna - Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:49 pm

I had a vaginal hysterectomy 7 months ago but still have my ovaries. The problem I am having is lower abdominal pain and also lower back pain which almost feels like menstral cramps, I had a urinalisis test for urinary tract infection which came back negetive. I am also having having a lot of diarrea and vomiting and loss of appitite and no energy. I have been to see the doctor but he is not sure what the problem is. I am getting very frusterated can you offer any suggestions?
 ttiger - Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:35 pm

Dianna,
I am in the same boat as you. I had a partial hysterectomy about 1 1/2 years ago to remove my uterus. During the surgery, they found endometriosis. I was on Lupron for 6 months to kill the endo, but now it is back with a vengeance! :evil: The best advice I can give you is get copies of your medical records and find a doctor who will help you!! I am still searching for one. I swear, they think I'm crazy. I am having excrutiating pain in my pelvic region and pain so bad with bowel movements that I want to scream! :shock: When I tell the OB this, they tell me I need to go to a gastroenterologist (sp?). But I KNOW it is the endo. I go onto search engines and type in "causes of painful BM's" and the first thing that comes up is endo topics! Why does the internet know this, but the doctors don't? Anyway, as I said, keep searching until you find a doctor who will help you - there has to be one out there!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us