Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Frequent Vaginal Infections

Star77 - Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:25 pm

I have been getting vaginal infections for about 6 months on and off, even after treatment they return, I have been tested for chlamydia, gonnhrea, herpes.and they were all negative..I am worried this could be HIV...could this be something else?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:56 am

User avatar Have you been taking any antibiotics? Have you been having sex with the same partner for the past six months?
Some antibiotics can cause infections, and a man can carry a yeast infection with no symptoms and pass it along to his partner.
 elhazzja - Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:21 pm

I have also read that birth control can sometimes cause recurrent vaginal infections, I don't know if you are on it though. If you are you can talk to you doctor and see if they advise trying something else. Either way you should always ask your doctor if you have any unusual syptoms.
I myself have been trying to figure out what is wrong with me as I have been having reccurrent yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis (syptoms for that, white/clear discharge, fishy/foul odor especiall during sex, worsening syptoms before periods, and sometimes painful intercourse and burning sensations). No one here seems to be able or willing to give me any advice so far.
I hope you find the information and help you need on this issue.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us