Question: Off Pill

Mosey - Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:42 pm

I have been on the Pill for 2 years but have been off of it for one month simply because I was out of the country and could not get a refill. I started my period the end of July and have not started yet.

Here is the catch. I did not have sex until after I was already late. He pulled out but we also didnt wear a condom. I am just waiting for my period to start back on the Pill but it still has not come. Before my expected start date I was having all the signs of getting my period (note I had not had sex). So now I don't know what to do. It is not like i can wait to see if I miss my period to take a test. When I called my doctor the woman said that I probably didnt have anything to worry about. Could it be stress of school starting, my boyfriend living accross the country now, and from being on the Pill for so long?

I don't know how much longer I need to wait before starting to really worry.
Any feedback would be wonderful!

Thank you!
 DeLWolcott - Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:25 am

Coming off of the birth control pills puts your body back into control of your hormones and it could take a while for it to kick back in on its own, causing you to be "late".

Be aware also that with your period coming late, ovulation was probably late also...hence you may have had sex in this new ovulation time frame.

Give yourself another week, then go get a pregnancy test run if you have not started. You could actually go in now if you're overly worried since it appears that you are about 2 weeks late at this time.

Best wishes and I hope everything gets back on track soon!