Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: sore on vagina hair line

ski blue - Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:55 am

I am a 26year old female and i have recently noticed 4 red sores on my vagina hair line. They don't hurt me at all but I know that they are there. I have only had sex with one guy. I have always shaved down there but recently I can't shave at the opening of my lip. Can you please help me figure out what they are because I can't afford to go see a doctor. Will they ever go away?
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:25 am

Hello Ski blue,

From the message in your post, two things came to my mind: shaving and sexual intercourse which could either be causing an allergic reaction (the former) or infection (the latter). As for infection, i trust that your partner though sexually active, is "clean" (i.e. practice safe sex, etc)
As for allergy, are these sores itchy? are these sores fluid- or pus-filled? In the meantime, as this might just be an allergic reaction, it is advisable to use hypoallergenic soap (a baby soap will do just fine) or a feminine wash which contains lactic acid. Skip on shaving for a few days (5-7days) as this can further irritate your skin in the vaginal area. Lastly, wear or use cotton underwear and not synthetic ones which could irritate sensitive skin.

MD

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us