Question: cant stop bleeding help

babygirl23 - Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:42 am

im 23 i don't know if this will help but i do no i have cirvical displasha i don't know if that has to do with the problem but l got my period at the my normal time but this times different its light then really heavy and the light again just keep going back and forth like this the main problem is that it has lasted me for a month and it just wont stop is there something i can do can somone help me tell me what is wrong please
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:51 am

User avatar Hi babygirl23,
Cervical Dysplasia usually presents no symptoms and is typically found during a Pap Smear. However, occasionally symptoms may present in the form of abnormal bleeding, back discomfort etc. I would suggest that this be reported to your physician to identify if it is directly related to the dysplasia or another causative factor.
 babygirl23 - Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:01 pm

thank you for your help but can you tell me what else can be causeing this it seem to start to stop then it gets heavy again its been a month and counting since i start my period i no lately i have ben under alot of stress and this is adding to it any help i would really adpretate thank you
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:05 am

User avatar Hi babygirl23,
Stressful conditions sometimes do alter cycles. I would however, strongly suggest that you have an evaluation by your physician to identify if your near nonstop bleeding is due to the dysplasia itself or due to stress, hormone imbalance, etc.