Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: cant stop bleeding help

babygirl23 - Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:42 am

im 23 i don't know if this will help but i do no i have cirvical displasha i don't know if that has to do with the problem but l got my period at the my normal time but this times different its light then really heavy and the light again just keep going back and forth like this the main problem is that it has lasted me for a month and it just wont stop is there something i can do can somone help me tell me what is wrong please
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:51 am

User avatar Hi babygirl23,
Cervical Dysplasia usually presents no symptoms and is typically found during a Pap Smear. However, occasionally symptoms may present in the form of abnormal bleeding, back discomfort etc. I would suggest that this be reported to your physician to identify if it is directly related to the dysplasia or another causative factor.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 babygirl23 - Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:01 pm

thank you for your help but can you tell me what else can be causeing this it seem to start to stop then it gets heavy again its been a month and counting since i start my period i no lately i have ben under alot of stress and this is adding to it any help i would really adpretate thank you
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:05 am

User avatar Hi babygirl23,
Stressful conditions sometimes do alter cycles. I would however, strongly suggest that you have an evaluation by your physician to identify if your near nonstop bleeding is due to the dysplasia itself or due to stress, hormone imbalance, etc.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us