Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Any responses will help... Could I be pregnant?!

buggs24 - Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:03 pm

I have written a question under the gynocology section, but this OB might be a better place to get answers. Here is a little back ground- I am 21 and have been with my boyfriend for over a year now. I am on ortho tri low and take it consistantly. I have been having pain during intercourse in the right side of my vagina. It almost feels by the right ovary, but I am not sure. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now, and it feels like a sharp shooting pain. I am also having cramps frequently throughout the day. They are almost like PMS cramps, but I am a week and a half away from my period (and this has been going on for 2-2 1/2 wks now). My nipples are very sore and sensitive to the touch. I have also been quite constipated. I know these are all signs of pregnancy, but I took a home preg. test and it came up negative. The Dr. office said they would be calling me back with some answers but I haven't heard from them yet and so it would be great to get some advice while I wait it out...

Does anyone think there is still a possibility that I may be pregnant even thought the test said negative or any other ideas what is going on?!

Any response are greatly appriciated!!! :)
 DesperatetoConceive21 - Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:20 pm

Those are symptoms, but usually HPT's will not show a positive until the day or so after your missed period. If you are having pain though, it could be an infection. I would suggest talking to your doctor, or maybe call a womens clinic if they don't get back to you quick enough. But I am not a doctor...Hope everything works out the way you want.
DTC21 :wink:
 CharleenC - Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:40 pm

I would be more inclined to worry about you having an infection. Please contact a Dr. When was your last pap test also?
 buggs24 - Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:21 pm

That's the thing I just had a pap and got tested for everything Aug. 8th. Everything came out fine... which it should I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and have only been sexually active with one other guy. But that is beside the point... I have a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow and hopefully I can get some answers. Thanks for the responses :) I just wanted to get some advice while I had to wait for my appointment.

Thanks again!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us