Question: Smoking & the pill

celt - Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:22 pm

I know that smoking is bad for you. We all know that. I've read that smoking when over 35 and on the pill has major risks. I'm 36, I'm on the pill and I smoke about a half a pack from Friday to Sunday. My question is....are my risks as great as a full time smoker that smokes everyday????? Is anyone on here a social smoker, on the pill, and over 35 like me and have heard what the risks are with people who don't smoke alot???....I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks :)

Slan

Celt
 Tiger1440 - Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:38 pm

The risk that you run by smoking while you are on Birth Control pills is throwing a blood clot in your lungs. The number of cigarettes you smoke does not really make a difference. If you do not plan on quitting, then you might want to talk to your Dr. about changing to another form of birth control.