Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: prolonged bleeding

bently - Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:49 pm

i had my regular period then a week later i had sex and started bleeding all over again and it hasn't stopped in 13 days and counting.It's not real heavy but between that and light .... I cant go to the doctor till it stops ( thats what they told me ). It's really starting to worry me but i cant find out what it is yet can someone please help me with my problem ? Thank you !!![/b]
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:10 am

User avatar Hi bently,
Hormone inbalances are frequently related to menses irregularities. However, 13 days and still counting, certainly warrants an evaluation. I would suggest you call the physicians office and speak with the nurse or ask that your physician return your call. In my opinion whomever instructed that you could not be evaluated until the bleeding subsided was incorrect.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 bently - Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:27 am

I just wanted to say thank you for responding to my question !!! THANK YOU

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us