Question: Might be a dermatoglic: pimple-like in pubic area

student123 - Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:08 am

I think I'm scaring myself but about two months ago i started getting little red bumps in my pubic hair area. I've checked and there are non in my gential area just in the hair area and after researching online it seems more like folliculitis but has lasted for 2 months. Factors that might have caused it: wear boy brief underwear which did rub my hair area a lot, just moved into new apartments and got bug bites on thighs and shoulder area and started when summer came, oily skin runs in my family and i have acne that never seems to go away and triming of pubic hair area. It doesn't itch or burn but sometimes i get tempted to pick at it and it just pills off and has a open cut. I had a pap smear only a couple of months ago and the gyno never called which means the lab results were fine. I've had the same sexual partner since that time but it did occur after we broke up. I do masturbate and there seems to be too many factors for me to research. Thank you....
 shoosgirl - Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:13 pm

I am not Diagnosing, just suggesting...
If you have animals that stay in your house, it could be flea bites.
It could also be from your undergarmets rubbing that area. You might want to get some baby powder and sprinkle it on before putting on your underwear. But under no circumstance should you peel them or pick at them. You could get an abcess from doing that which would cause even more pain, trust me.
If none of those work and you think it might be ingrown hairs, simple get some duct tape and rip it up. This seems to be the best way that I have found to get rid of ingrown hairs.