Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: period??

archita - Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:35 pm

I had posted before because my period hadnt come and I already had done a few pregnancy test and they came out negative. My period is very irregular and it was supposed to come on the 22nd of august. On the 11th of septeber I had some spotting of brownish color and then came some blood. It was very light and it is almost gone by today (tuesday).. could this be my period??
 medicalman - Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:32 pm

It could be....
i have to say this again.. if you guys want us to answer ur questions to the best of our ability... you have to provide us with atleast ur age..
now u mentioned having irregular periods.. are you at the beginning of your menstrual life (menarche) or at the end (menopause).. both could present like this...
if you provide more info i will try and give a better answer....
 archita - Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:20 pm

sorry about the missing info. I am 23 years old, usually I do have a pretty irregular period, until I come back to school and living with my 2 other roomates sort of helps me synchronize with them. I came back to school about a month ago, my last period came timely on a 30-32 day cycle then it was supposed to come on the 22nd of august, but it didnt. On the 10th of september I experienced some brownish spotting and then some blood, it lasted until the 12th and today there was some mucose like brownish- bloodish discharge but this was it.
I am not on any pill and I practice safe sex, using condoms with my bf. I don't know if this would count as my period, like I said before I am irregular and never know what to expect, since coming back to school, i have had some stress and schedule changes, but nothing completely out of the ordinary.. so in the case that this was my period, should I wait until my next one, or would you advice for me to get checked up??
I appreciate your help..

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us