Question: period??

archita - Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:35 pm

I had posted before because my period hadnt come and I already had done a few pregnancy test and they came out negative. My period is very irregular and it was supposed to come on the 22nd of august. On the 11th of septeber I had some spotting of brownish color and then came some blood. It was very light and it is almost gone by today (tuesday).. could this be my period??
 medicalman - Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:32 pm

It could be....
i have to say this again.. if you guys want us to answer ur questions to the best of our ability... you have to provide us with atleast ur age..
now u mentioned having irregular periods.. are you at the beginning of your menstrual life (menarche) or at the end (menopause).. both could present like this...
if you provide more info i will try and give a better answer....
 archita - Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:20 pm

sorry about the missing info. I am 23 years old, usually I do have a pretty irregular period, until I come back to school and living with my 2 other roomates sort of helps me synchronize with them. I came back to school about a month ago, my last period came timely on a 30-32 day cycle then it was supposed to come on the 22nd of august, but it didnt. On the 10th of september I experienced some brownish spotting and then some blood, it lasted until the 12th and today there was some mucose like brownish- bloodish discharge but this was it.
I am not on any pill and I practice safe sex, using condoms with my bf. I don't know if this would count as my period, like I said before I am irregular and never know what to expect, since coming back to school, i have had some stress and schedule changes, but nothing completely out of the ordinary.. so in the case that this was my period, should I wait until my next one, or would you advice for me to get checked up??
I appreciate your help..