Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: I Never Want To Have Sex

MomOf4 - Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:52 pm

Hello again...I was reading about a condition called hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD) and I probably have that and even more. My GYN told me that there was a prescription coming soon last November for women with no sex drive or have hard time climaxing. My question is.....IS IT HERE YET AND AVAILABLE...LOL! I know all the affects that depressants and all that about affecting your sex drive...and I take WellbutrinXL 300mg and Zanax1MGand Seroquel 20?..... because I am seriously depressed and have very bad anxiety. I should still want to have sex and I never do...well not never....but maybe just maybe once a month just before my period and when I do I don't go to husband that one time a month to pleasure me.....I do that myself. But when we are together its like I don't really want to and I really want to want to...LOL! I NEED THAT PATCH OR PILL THAT MY GYN TOLD ME WAS COMING SOON. Thank you all...You guys are like the best and when I go to my GYN in November I want to be ready with info before I get there....Thanks...MomOf4(AMY) Also mom of the 16 yr old on Depo gaining weight.........Sincerely................MomOf4(AMY)
 dsjeya - Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:00 pm

it is the depression that is the villain.
try self hypnosis, like sex,imagine sex,draw sex,view sex and enjoy sex

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us