Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Pregnant please help

clements713 - Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:08 pm

I can’t get any answers from my doctor. Its like there is something she will not tell me. I had an ultra sound to find out how far along I am. Found out I was having twins but one died. Then she said I was only 9 weeks pregnant. But that would mean when I took the pregnancy test I was only 10 days pregnant and I hear that it doesn’t show up that fast then she said I have blood on my cervix is that normal or am I going to loose the other baby as well. I just want some answer I asked my doctor and she just moved on to the next thing never answering me please help me understand if its bad to have blood on my cervix and if there is a bigger chance I will miscarry?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:47 am

User avatar Hi clements713,
Levels of the hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), produced during pregnancy may be detected by a urine test as early as 12-14 days after conception. Keep in mind that ultrasounds may not always be exactly specific to the very day. My most sincere sympathy for your loss of the other twin :( As for "blood on your cervix" I am unclear as to the specifics of what she meant by this particular statement. My suggestion to you, call your physician's office and speak with the nurse. Express your concerns about what you have been told and ask for an explanation. If you do not understand or feel your questions are being evaded, ask until you are satisfied. My best wishes to you and I hope you will consider keeping us posted on your progress.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us