Question: 11 days before period?

daffaney1971 - Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 am

Is it possible to get pregnant 11 days before the day my period starts :?: Because i had intercourse on sept 1st and my period started on sept 12th and it started off brownish and very slow,which it usually flows faster on start,..then eventually about a couple of hours later it was bright red,but still flowed rather slow.And now i've been feeling sort of nausea off and on :shock: But it lasted the same amount of days it usually does ,from the 12th to the 14th,but it ended different also.it's usually followed at the end with a brownish color before stopping completly and it didn't ,it just stopped completly :!: could i be pregnant :?: i took a home test and it tested negative.
 CharleenC - Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:52 pm

Hi there!
The question you have is a valid one. The type in your cycle when you can conceive is dependent on how long you go between periods(ie: is it exactly 28 days or more like 30). The day your period starts...if you count back 14 days that is when u ovulated, not 14 days from the start of your period in all situations. It is definitely possible that you can get pregnant in the time frame you mentioned, but there are numerous factors. If your period was on time, even though you describe it as different, and you have a negative pregnancy test at this date, you may very well not be pregnant. If you are unsure, wait 5 days and repeat your home pregnancy test. If it is still negative I would then trust the result. Charleen