Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: 11 days before period?

daffaney1971 - Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:09 am

Is it possible to get pregnant 11 days before the day my period starts :?: Because i had intercourse on sept 1st and my period started on sept 12th and it started off brownish and very slow,which it usually flows faster on start,..then eventually about a couple of hours later it was bright red,but still flowed rather slow.And now i've been feeling sort of nausea off and on :shock: But it lasted the same amount of days it usually does ,from the 12th to the 14th,but it ended different also.it's usually followed at the end with a brownish color before stopping completly and it didn't ,it just stopped completly :!: could i be pregnant :?: i took a home test and it tested negative.
 CharleenC - Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:52 pm

Hi there!
The question you have is a valid one. The type in your cycle when you can conceive is dependent on how long you go between periods(ie: is it exactly 28 days or more like 30). The day your period starts...if you count back 14 days that is when u ovulated, not 14 days from the start of your period in all situations. It is definitely possible that you can get pregnant in the time frame you mentioned, but there are numerous factors. If your period was on time, even though you describe it as different, and you have a negative pregnancy test at this date, you may very well not be pregnant. If you are unsure, wait 5 days and repeat your home pregnancy test. If it is still negative I would then trust the result. Charleen

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us