Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Vaginal Operation

Bonny - Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:22 pm

Hi There

I was at my gynecologist today as I've been having problems having sex. He examined me and said that I've got to go for an operation on Thursday. The operation involves widening my vaginial opening as it is very tight just now, i think he is going to make a small cut on the opening to make it slightly wider and less painful for sex. He said it would be very painful to sit for a week.

Does anyone know the medical name for this procedure as I would like to read up on it? I have tried every possible combination of words to find it on a search engine but have come up with nothing, but if I knew the medical term I'm sure I would find it in seconds. I would be most grateful if someone could help me out. : - )

Many Thanks
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:18 am

User avatar Hi Bonny,
An Episiotomy would be a procedure used to enlarge the vaginal opening.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us