Question: Vaginal Operation

Bonny - Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:22 pm

Hi There

I was at my gynecologist today as I've been having problems having sex. He examined me and said that I've got to go for an operation on Thursday. The operation involves widening my vaginial opening as it is very tight just now, i think he is going to make a small cut on the opening to make it slightly wider and less painful for sex. He said it would be very painful to sit for a week.

Does anyone know the medical name for this procedure as I would like to read up on it? I have tried every possible combination of words to find it on a search engine but have come up with nothing, but if I knew the medical term I'm sure I would find it in seconds. I would be most grateful if someone could help me out. : - )

Many Thanks
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:18 am

User avatar Hi Bonny,
An Episiotomy would be a procedure used to enlarge the vaginal opening.