Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: WUT DO I ASK WHEN I C MY DOCTOR IF I WANT EVERYTHG LOOKEDAT?

Curious2005 - Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:51 pm

I WANT TO GO SEE MY PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN TO MAKE SURE I AM OKAY FROM HEAD TO TOE.I WANT MY HORMONE LEVELS CHECKED,BLOOD WORK,PAP TEST,HIV/STD.I WANT THE WHOLE WORKS DONE ON ME.IS THERE A WAY I CAN ASK FOR THESE THINGS INSTEAD OF LISTING ONE BY ONE WHAT I WANT TO GET CHECKED OUT?IF THEY DRAW BLOOD FROM ME WOULD THEY DETECT AND STD OR HIV OR ANYTHING AND LET ME KNOW EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T REALLY ASK SPECIFICALLY?OR IF THEY DO A URINE TEST AND DETECT SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR,WOULD THEY NOTIFY ME,OR WOULD THEY EVEN LOOK FOR OTHER THINGS EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T MENTION TO THEM TO LOOK FOR IT?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:02 am

User avatar Hi Curious2005,
When you make you appointment, inform them that you would like a complete physical to include general labwork as well as testing for any STD's. This should enable them to create a visit that would permit enough time to do everything that you require.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us