Question: Painful pelvic varicocele???..help

krissyleewicked - Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:17 pm

:oops: :oops: HI Everyone-

I am a 34 yr old female who has had severe debiliatating right lower quadrant pelvic pain for a year now. It is almost like a ' PRessure" or congestion if u will and feels as if blood is not circulating to the area.Sometimes it is more severe than others and I have a lower back pain on the right side that accompanies it. Anyhow...I have been seeing a GAstroenterologist for a year and have undergone an extensive GI workup. to include upper and lower endoscopy,small bowel follow thru, ultrasound of the Gall bladder, liver , pelvis and pancreas, CT scan ( revealed Right adnexal mass) and Ultrasound revealed bilateral ovarian cysts and one was " COMPLEX" but small. I ifinally had an MRI of the abdomen- they found a " PELVIC VARICOCELE". My question is...What is a pelvic varicocele and could this be the cause of my problem?? IS there any treatment for it? I am in so much pain I have been forced to temporarily stop working and am just so tired of test after test.After the MRI it was recommended that I have a color doppler of the pelvis and I wont be following up with the doc for a week. Any Input on this??? I guess I am looking for some reassurance that there is a cause and treatment for this.

Thank you so much in advance
 shoosgirl - Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:27 pm

here is a website that may help you understand vaginal varicose. The condition is similar to having varicose veins in your legs except the veins go to your pelvis.

http://www.vulval-varicose-veins.co.uk/embolisation.htm

As far as the ovarian cysts. I wouldn't be too scared about that. They have machines they use to "laser" those off. Unless they are extremely bad, you shouldn't have to undergo any kind of surgery.
 krissyleewicked - Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:55 pm

:D

Thank you so much for the information. Have you experienced this??
 shoosgirl - Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:54 am

When I was 16 I was on the depro-provera shot. I didn't have a period for a year, but when I did it lasted a month. I later had cramps that were so bad I couldn't stand up. I had an ultrasound and they said I had cysts on my ovaries. They told me mine would "disappear" themselves.