Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Painful pelvic varicocele???..help

krissyleewicked - Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:17 pm

:oops: :oops: HI Everyone-

I am a 34 yr old female who has had severe debiliatating right lower quadrant pelvic pain for a year now. It is almost like a ' PRessure" or congestion if u will and feels as if blood is not circulating to the area.Sometimes it is more severe than others and I have a lower back pain on the right side that accompanies it. Anyhow...I have been seeing a GAstroenterologist for a year and have undergone an extensive GI workup. to include upper and lower endoscopy,small bowel follow thru, ultrasound of the Gall bladder, liver , pelvis and pancreas, CT scan ( revealed Right adnexal mass) and Ultrasound revealed bilateral ovarian cysts and one was " COMPLEX" but small. I ifinally had an MRI of the abdomen- they found a " PELVIC VARICOCELE". My question is...What is a pelvic varicocele and could this be the cause of my problem?? IS there any treatment for it? I am in so much pain I have been forced to temporarily stop working and am just so tired of test after test.After the MRI it was recommended that I have a color doppler of the pelvis and I wont be following up with the doc for a week. Any Input on this??? I guess I am looking for some reassurance that there is a cause and treatment for this.

Thank you so much in advance
 shoosgirl - Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:27 pm

here is a website that may help you understand vaginal varicose. The condition is similar to having varicose veins in your legs except the veins go to your pelvis.

http://www.vulval-varicose-veins.co.uk/embolisation.htm

As far as the ovarian cysts. I wouldn't be too scared about that. They have machines they use to "laser" those off. Unless they are extremely bad, you shouldn't have to undergo any kind of surgery.
 krissyleewicked - Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:55 pm

:D

Thank you so much for the information. Have you experienced this??
 shoosgirl - Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:54 am

When I was 16 I was on the depro-provera shot. I didn't have a period for a year, but when I did it lasted a month. I later had cramps that were so bad I couldn't stand up. I had an ultrasound and they said I had cysts on my ovaries. They told me mine would "disappear" themselves.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us