Question: fall pregnant during period?

chippachick - Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:14 pm

Is it possible to fall pregnant during your period? i am hearing so many conflicting things
I am not on the pill and have recently had unprotected sex just after i started my period, literally 3 hours or so after!!
is is possible i could fall pregant from this?

thanks in advance for your response. :)
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:21 am

User avatar It is possbile, but very unlikely to become pregnant on your period.
You cannot become pregnant on your period because you are not in ovulation phase, but, since sperm can live in your body for up to 5 days,. it is possible to become pregnant, if you happen to ovulate 5 days after your period, but, most women ovulate 14 days after their period.
If you were to become pregnant on your period, it would most likely be that you had sex the very last day of your period and ovulated soon after that, but as I said, most woman do not ovulate so soon after.