Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Can a vaginal infection cause me to bleed?

windowsmeg - Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:43 pm

I am thirty-four, married, but have not had intercourse in about a month - I am prone to yeast infections, and have had one for four or five days now.
I did not use any medicine ( it costs an arm and a leg!) because it didn't seem as bad as ones I've had before - I was planning to just wait it out.
Today, however, the discharge, which had been white and rather curdy like normal for a yeast infection, has turned a pinkish-brownish color.
My period ended about a week ago, so it can't be that, and I haven't stuck anything up in there, for goodness' sake, so I am wondering if the infection alone could cause a little bleeding, or if it is something more sinister?
Thank you very much.
 Angela Grunewald, RN - Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:56 pm

User avatar any infection left untreated can cause more serious problems. so the bleeding could very well be from this being left untreated. There are some wonderful over the counter medications to treat yeast infection which are very effective, and not nearly as expensive. please consider doing this. follow up with your primary M.D however if this stays the same or worsens........good luck to you.............Angela,RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us