Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Severe Cramps w/ back pain

DesperatetoConceive21 - Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:32 pm

Okay, I recently wrote about getting off BCP, and now I have a different issue...
This morning I woke up with severe mestrual cramps, w/ lower back pain and nasuea and an overall feeling of ickiness. I have never had severe cramps, Maybe up to moderate, but never to the point that I felt sick. I took 2 500mg tylenol and it still took 45minutes for them to suside enough to go back to sleep, w/ a heating pad. When I woke up I still had them but they are very mild now, but I still feel sick. I think there is something wrong...please help! :( :cry:

DTC21
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:48 am

User avatar Are you currently menstrating?
 DesperatetoConceive21 - Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:47 am

I am menstruating. The cramps havent returned to the full force, just slight ones.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:51 am

User avatar I would say that you are probably just having a bad period this month. I wouldnt be concerned, unless it continues to happen, then I would get checked for endometriosis.
Unfortunatly, it is also possible you had an early miscarriage. There is no way to know for sure if that is the case or not. If you continue to bleed for longer than normal, or have any other problems, then see a doctor.
 DesperatetoConceive21 - Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:06 am

Ok thank you, my husband was flipping out, so hopefully he will relax.
Thanks again,

DTC21 :wink:

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us