Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: 7 weeks late

 Nikki24_ny - Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:15 pm

I need some help as i am not just abut 7 weeks late. i had my last period july 24th. that was right after i went off of the pill. I am not big on birth control it caused me alot of problems (weight gain severe headaches) but my doctor insisted that i be on them as i just had a miscarriage the las week in may. I am very excited at the thought of being pregnant but also very concerned. I have taken 5 home pregnancy tests. And they have all come back negative....I have tried to make an appt with my GYN but they have had to cancel the last 3 appts. The next available is the second week in nov. I personally feel that it is to long to wait SO first of all should i wait that long...second should i be concerned at all with being that late and it not being a pregancy....and what shold i watch for (to know if i should just go to the ER and have a blood test?)
Thanks for your time
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:16 pm

User avatar Maybe you should find a new doctor.They shouldn't cancel 3 times in a row.

You can go to a clinic, and get a blood test to find out if you are pregnant or not, but if you are, you will need to find a doctor to treat you, and if you aren't, you still need to se a doctor to find out why your preiod is so late. It may just be stress, it is common for women to skip periods on occation.

Look in your phone book for a planned parenthood, or you can call any gynecologist and make an appointment for a blood test.

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us