Question: Pregnancy Question

reeni123 - Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:17 pm

Hi
My question is related to getting pregnant. To start with my history, i had an abortion around 2 years back and it was an decided abortion (TLC/DLC). afer the abortion i had my regular periods (28 days). Six month back we thought of getting pregnant again and we tried for it. After that my period became bit irregular but then also it never got delayed by more than a week. One more thing i observed that numbet of days got reduced from 3 to 2 days. we took a break also in between due to some personal reason. we started trying again for pregnancy. this tim we used ovalution predictor kit and we found LH surge on 15th day from the 1st day of my period. i have two question related to it

1) Why my period got changed in terms of cycle and number of days?? Does it indicate something wrong??

2) Since i have got LH surge as expected, does it mean i am healthy enough to get pregnant?

Do you have any other suggestion / recomendations for planning us a pregnancy??

Thanking you in anticipation

Regards

Reeni
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:41 pm

User avatar Periods can change all the time, due to stress, and changes in your life.

If you are ready to start trying to become pregnant, I suggest you see your doctor, tell him you are ready to try to become pregnant, and he will examine you to make sure everything is working as it should, and give you a clear bill of health to start trying. He will also tell you things you can do to help the process quicker, and ways to become healthy to get pregnant, such as eating healthier, taking vitamins, esp. folic acid, and exercise. the healthier you are, the easier it is to become pregnant.
You may also need to go on birth control pills for a time to regulate your cycles if they are to out of wack.