Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: worried about period

 babygirl18 - Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:07 pm

My boyfriend and I occasionally get really close to having sex, but we don't go all the way. we are both still virgins and he hasnt ever been inside me. his penis has touched my vagina and i am worried that there is a possibiliy that i could get pregnant. as of right now, i am about 5 days late on my period. im never regular so im not extremely worried but i am wondering if i can get pregnant by doing what we've done. also, is there any way to speed up the process of having a period? please help!!! thanks for reading this!!
 scaredgirls - Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:29 pm

hi i have a few conserns and i really hope someone can give me some answers.....i have just started my period on 4/21/05 and it has been 5 months sience i last had it .....ive only had it once so i am not quite sure about my next question. you see me and my bf have had sex-but only a cupple of times.but my parents still think im a vergin ,along with my entire we have only had sex twice i think after i had it but i am starting to get concerned.i hope to god im not pregnant.but do you think i am or is it just my period bieng irregular? please help me .i really need it. :? :?:
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:38 am

User avatar Scaredgirls, how old are you?
If you have had unprotected sex, than you can get pregnant, and need to take a test to find out. You can go to any planned parenthood, and they will test you for free, and will keep the results confidential.
If you are having sex, then you need to concider getting on birth control if you aren't ready to have children.. Having sex is a huge responsibility, and you have to be emotionally ready to accept all the consequenses of it.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us