Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: why havent i started my period

babygirl18 - Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:10 am

i know i wrote of this once but i thought of a better way of putting it. my boyfriend and i have been together for years and we havent had sex yet. we want to wait until we are married. but we are sexually active. he has put his penis on my vagina but he hasnt gone inside. we are both virgins but i was wondering if there is any way i could be pregnant. he didnt cum but what if there was precum? im never regular. im always about a week later than the month before and as of now im about 5 days late. could i be pregnant or is all this stress making me late? and if i could be pregnant, what are the chances? i havent felt sick and my breasts arent sore. i don't really see any signs of being pregnant. also, im not on birth control. please respond to my questions.. im really worried. we love each other very much but we arent ready for a child. we are both really scared.. please help :cry:
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:32 am

User avatar Precum can get a girl pregnant. And putting his penis on your vagina but not inside can cause pregnancy, but the chances of that happening are very very small. Many woman have irregular periods, and stress can cause them to be irregular as well. For peace of mind you can take a home pregnancy test, but I doubt that you are pregnant.
You may want to concider talking to your gynecologist about getting on birth control if you aren't ready to become pregnant.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us