Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Late period while on the pill.

dreamcat14 - Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:54 am

hi, i'm getting very worried. I've been on Yasmin birth control for about a year and a half now. I've never really had any problems with it until now. I always got my period by the third or fourth day of the non-active pills. But I am starting my fifth non-active pill today and i still have not got my period. I had a highly emotionally stressful last few days, yesterday in particular, but i'm not sure if stress can affect your period while on the pill. i took a HPT yesterday morning and it was negative, but i am getting very scared. I was sexually active and there were 2 times i forgot my pill and took it the next day. and i didn't always take the pill at the same time of day. I feel like i should be getting my period, i have the same symptoms i usally get with feeling bloated etc. but still no period! please help me figure this out!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:55 am

User avatar If you missed a pill, you should use a back up method such as condoms for the next 7 days. It is possible you are pregnant, it is also possible that stress is causing your period to be late. The symptoms you are feeling could be a sign of pregnancy, or a sign your period is about to start. You may want to scheduel an appt. with your doctor for a blood test,.
 Ciara - Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:16 pm

i have had 1 missed period last month and this month i had a few hours of small dark blood discharge. I have taken 2 tests both negitive. i am very worried there might be something wrong if you can let me know. I am on Microlite pill since september 2008???? could the pregnancy test be wrong or could there be something else wrong?????

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us