Question: Late period while on the pill.

dreamcat14 - Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:54 am

hi, i'm getting very worried. I've been on Yasmin birth control for about a year and a half now. I've never really had any problems with it until now. I always got my period by the third or fourth day of the non-active pills. But I am starting my fifth non-active pill today and i still have not got my period. I had a highly emotionally stressful last few days, yesterday in particular, but i'm not sure if stress can affect your period while on the pill. i took a HPT yesterday morning and it was negative, but i am getting very scared. I was sexually active and there were 2 times i forgot my pill and took it the next day. and i didn't always take the pill at the same time of day. I feel like i should be getting my period, i have the same symptoms i usally get with feeling bloated etc. but still no period! please help me figure this out!
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:55 am

User avatar If you missed a pill, you should use a back up method such as condoms for the next 7 days. It is possible you are pregnant, it is also possible that stress is causing your period to be late. The symptoms you are feeling could be a sign of pregnancy, or a sign your period is about to start. You may want to scheduel an appt. with your doctor for a blood test,.
 Ciara - Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:16 pm

i have had 1 missed period last month and this month i had a few hours of small dark blood discharge. I have taken 2 tests both negitive. i am very worried there might be something wrong if you can let me know. I am on Microlite pill since september 2008???? could the pregnancy test be wrong or could there be something else wrong?????