Question: red thing on vagina; never had sex

embofool - Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:50 pm

hi, i'm a 16 year old girl and i have never had sex or anything sexual at all. For awhile i've had this little redish/brownish thing on the (i think its called "inner lip" or something like that) its been at least a year or so. It doesnt hurt or burn or anything. i have had at least one UTI and so iknow what it feels like and once in awhile i get that same feeling for about an hour or so. after i pee it feels like i still have to pee and nothing comes out and the feeling doesnt go away for awhile. It happened for a couple hours, a couple of days ago and i went to the doctor to test for a UTI and they said it wasnt a UTI. they're testing for some other virus. I didnt have them look because i'm very self concious. i'm worried if i tell my mom she'll think i had sex however if this could be a real problem i'd just tell her and go through the process of making her believe me. thanks for your help!
 DeLWolcott - Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:40 pm

You should get a physician to check it out. You do not want to ignore anything that could endanger your future if it is not resolved. You could ask that your mother not be in the room while they are checking you. There will be a female already in the room with you, whether it be the doctor and/or the nurse, so there should be no safety issues. If your mother tries to insist on being present, politely ask her how she would feel if you watched her getting a pelvic performed. You are old enough to ask for your privacy in these situations and you have come to an age where these visits should become regular.

This could be a simple skin tag or mole, but just in case, please see a physician.

Good luck!