Question: worrying for nothing hopefully

driving myself crazy - Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:26 pm

Hi, I am just wondering I am close to 17 weeks and this is my 2nd child, but I do not feel pregnant in any way. And I have not felt the baby move in a slightest way. Is this normal???
 DeLWolcott - Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:37 pm

Is your belly growing? When was your last visit to your physician?

Movement can first be felt anywhere from 15 to 20+ weeks. Every child is different. (my oldest at 15 weeks, my middle one felt at 21 weeks by me and 24 weeks by my husband, and our youngest was felt at 17 weeks.)

Give your physician a call and tell him/her your concerns. It would be very simple for them to bring you in for a quick ultrasound in the office. You don't need the extra stress during your pregnancy.
 driving myself crazy - Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:47 pm

that is for sure been one thing I have felt this pregnancy "stress". It has been crazy for me. But, I had a doctor apointment last week and we heard the heartbeat. Yes my tummy is growing. But, I don't know why I am so stressed about it. I asked my doctor last week if I should be feeling anything and she said a couple more weeks. Maybe we just wanna feel something so bad, that I am freaking out. My hubby keeps asking me too.
 DeLWolcott - Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:59 pm

Kids begin picking on their parents in the womb. As I said in my first post, I AND my husband were able to feel my son kicking or something at 15 weeks, which is very rare. Hubby got kicked in the cheek and was in awe. My second child, I didn't feel her until 21 weeks and every time I told my husband to, "Come here! She's moving!", she'd quit as soon as he put his hand on my belly. It was another 3 weeks before he caught a fleeting kick. She hasn't stopped picking on him and she's 10 now.

17 weeks is the earliest in the "normal" timing that anyone feels the wee one. Enjoy the peace and quiet now because it has been my experience that the ones that move the least in the womb make up for it in full force once outside.

Again, if you still have deep concerns, go in for a quick check by your physician.

Best wishes to you all!