Question: recurrent vaginal infections; no relief found

starfish - Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:26 am

I am at my wits end with recurrent vaginal infections. Sometimes these infections are yeast and others have been bacterial such as Ecoli and Staph followed by yeast due to antibiotic use. I am consistantly in my Gynecologist office getting cultured and we have tried so many medications I am losing track of them. I have even tried the Boric Acid inserts to rid yeast. I just pulled my RX history at local pharmacy and I am on Diflucan at least once a month. I have tried to keep my diet restricted of sugars, breads and white flours and still no relief of recurrence. I have just recently went to my Gastro physcian to see if my IBS is causing some of the Ecoli infections, but no results. I feel like I get lectured about my hygiene on my consults, but I change underwear 2 times a day, wear white cottons, blow dry, wipe front to back. I don't know what to do anymore, I am getting re-infected somehow and can't seem to find the root. I have asked if my husband could be infected and he is showing no signs or symptoms. I am begging for any clues or help toward relief.
 DeLWolcott - Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:09 pm

Since your physicians are looking into the medical causes, do some investigating of your own for some simple solutions.

Could it be your bath soap?
Could it be your laundry detergent?
Have you tried eating yogurt to help balance yeast and the proper bacteria that your body needs to combat over-active yeast?
Do you and your husband possibly use condoms?
Do you douche?

These basics have probably already been addressed by your physician, but the basics are the only suggestions I can come up with without a little more info. Sorry I can't be of more help.
 starfish - Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:06 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have used the same white non fragrant soap for years and have not changed laundry detergents. I don't douche because I have heard it can irritate and I also each yogurt and take a L.acidophillus refrigerated pill with live bacteria recommended by my doctor from the Health food store. We have thought about the condom use and we have been trying different types suggested by my physician. Since this email I have had another infection and I am trying the apple cider vinegar bath to help ease the irritaion along side the Diflucan. I am thankful for your suggestions. thank you.