Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Implantation bleeding and headaches???

Wuppy - Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:37 pm

Me and my husband only started trying to get pregnant the week of September 1st. It is now the last week of September and I have constant headaches and light bleeding. Can I be pregnant or are these just signs of PMS??? Is it too early to test? I tested two weeks ago twice and they both came out negative so I don't know if I tested too soon or if I'm just not pregnant... Am I getting my hopes up for nothing and creating false symptoms with the hopes of being pregnant? Also, I've been pregnant twice already and with both I got horribly nauseous and barfed all the time. Is it possible for me to be pregnant and not nauseous at all? Sorry so many questions. I'm really going crazy!!!
 DeLWolcott - Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm

Each pregnancy can be different, so you may not have nausea. There are pregnancy tests available at pharmacies that can give accurate results within 2 days after your expected period.

Your best test would be performed by your physician.

I wish you and your husband the best!
 porsche - Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:57 pm

I got my last period on Sept. 10. My husband and i hae been trying to get pregnant. Yesterday 9/27 I started spotting very lightly and today it got heavier. I have some cramping. However this is nothing compared to my normal periods. I was wondering if this is implantation bleeding? I hope it is. I took a HPT and it was negative. I don't know if I should wait ? I just don't feel right , dizzy moody, sick at certain odors. Please let me know if anyone has experienced this before.
 DeLWolcott - Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:58 pm

Too early to tell for sure. Check with your physician or his/her nurse for their opinion since they know your history better.
 hopeful - Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:09 pm

i have a similar experience. I ovulated on Sept 29 and yesterday (10/10/05) started spotting what a has changed from pink-ish red to a sort brown smudgy blood. I feel very bloated, tired, nauseous, moody, achey, etc, etc so I tested today. Negative. I don't necessarily believe the test though. I have had 2 other pregnancies so I thought I knew what to expect but I'm just not sure. I will wait a week or 2 and see what happens and then test again.
Problem is...does this spotting count as an irregular period now? What do I use as the first day of my cycle? The first day I spotted or the day i was SUPPOSED to start? :?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us