Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Anal bumb

 suzzysue - Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:53 pm

I had anal sex with my fiance and a day later a hard bump appeared (externally) the size of a dime on the left side of my rectum. The bumb is painful and was wondering if this is something that I need to see a doctor about or an irritation that will go away in a weeks time. Me and my fiance have been together for over 3 years and have both been tested so I am fairly sure that it is not an STD, however, about a year ago my doctor believed I might have had HPV but the test results came back negative. I appreciate your help
 DeLWolcott - Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:55 pm

Very possibly a hemorrhoid, but it would be wise to have your physician check this out.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us