Question: my girlfriend missed her period

realynervous06 - Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:25 pm

im 17 and my girlfriend of a year told me she missed her period. weve always used a condom and havnt had sex since september 11 please tell me theres some reason she missed her period other then possible pregency. shes also 17 if that has anything to do with it
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:23 am

User avatar Did the condom break?
To put your mind at ease, go to the drug store and buy a home pregnancy test, or call a planned parenthood, and get tested for free, confidentially.
If your having sex...anything is possible, but if protection was used, and the condom did not break, the chances of pregnancy are small. Missed and irregular periods are pretty common, and can happen for a lot of reasons...and stressing over a late period can cause it to be even later.