Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Late Period - Following Foul Odor and something odd

OhioLady - Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:30 am

First off, I do have an appt with a Dr - but it's not for another couple weeks.

About a month ago, maybe less, I noticed I had a VERY foul smell - it was like rotten eggs - and so strong it nearly gagged me. I only picked up on it when I was in the bathroom, and became very self conscious of it. After a day of this, I felt up inside, mainly to confirm that that was where the odor was coming from, and noticed what appeared to be a weird lump on my cervix.

thankfully, the odor went away in a few days. All seemed back to normal. Except for the weird lump.

I am now at least 4-5 days late for my period. I took 2 Pregnancy tests - both are negative. I am concerned as to if these events are related. I had PMS strongly early last week, and based on history, I should have started my period around tuesday or wednesday - and it's now a week later and nothing. The PMS has gone away. I can't swear to it, but I think my last period was very light - only like 2-3 days from the normal 5 or so.

Lastly - the weird lump COULD be just my imagination. It's not like the thing is shaped perfectly anyhow - and it IS inside so I can't see it.

I'm 36 and never had children. Any thoughts on this???

Thank you!
 OhioLady - Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:33 am

Oh - and I am married -have been with my husband for 10 years - and no others. i.e., monogomous - so an STD is out. At least I would think so?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us