Question: Late Period - Following Foul Odor and something odd

OhioLady - Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:30 am

First off, I do have an appt with a Dr - but it's not for another couple weeks.

About a month ago, maybe less, I noticed I had a VERY foul smell - it was like rotten eggs - and so strong it nearly gagged me. I only picked up on it when I was in the bathroom, and became very self conscious of it. After a day of this, I felt up inside, mainly to confirm that that was where the odor was coming from, and noticed what appeared to be a weird lump on my cervix.

thankfully, the odor went away in a few days. All seemed back to normal. Except for the weird lump.

I am now at least 4-5 days late for my period. I took 2 Pregnancy tests - both are negative. I am concerned as to if these events are related. I had PMS strongly early last week, and based on history, I should have started my period around tuesday or wednesday - and it's now a week later and nothing. The PMS has gone away. I can't swear to it, but I think my last period was very light - only like 2-3 days from the normal 5 or so.

Lastly - the weird lump COULD be just my imagination. It's not like the thing is shaped perfectly anyhow - and it IS inside so I can't see it.

I'm 36 and never had children. Any thoughts on this???

Thank you!
 OhioLady - Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:33 am

Oh - and I am married -have been with my husband for 10 years - and no others. i.e., monogomous - so an STD is out. At least I would think so?