Question: Irregular Bleeding due to Pills ?

bethy0713 - Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:57 am

I had just started using Ortho Tri-Cyclen/Lo this month. I had taken all the white pills, but I had to stop because I got a stomach virus and I couldn't hold anything down. I missed about three pills, so instead of catching up I deceided to stop and start up again when I got my period next month. This was my first peroid after having my baby two months ago and it lasted 7days. Well, I had my period and it was "normal" then I stopped the pill and I started bleeding again, and I'm on my third day of that. Is this normal ?
 Michele P, RN - Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:38 pm

bethy0713 wrote:I had just started using Ortho Tri-Cyclen/Lo this month. I had taken all the white pills, but I had to stop because I got a stomach virus and I couldn't hold anything down. I missed about three pills, so instead of catching up I deceided to stop and start up again when I got my period next month. This was my first peroid after having my baby two months ago and it lasted 7days. Well, I had my period and it was "normal" then I stopped the pill and I started bleeding again, and I'm on my third day of that. Is this normal ?

When you stop taking the pills, it brings on you period, so yes, this is normal what happenned to you.

Just as a sidenote wanted to let you know, the stopping and restarting of BC makes the BC possibly ineffective so you might want to wait a full month before using them as a form of contraceptive.

Best of Luck :)