Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Advice Needed- Missed Period

qwer1234 - Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:15 pm

I am 19 and am five days late for my period. My fiance had an ejaculation almost three weeks ago (my fertile time) and he was on top of me, but we had all our clothes on. I am having increased discharge, which is clear like I normally have during ovulation. I also have cramps and feel like I'm having my period, but nothing is coming out but discharge. I have been under a lot of stress, can missing your period from hormones still have cramps and discharge? Or do you think I could be pregnant? Or is there another reason I could be missing it? Thank you in advance for your time.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:11 pm

User avatar He ejaculated on your clothing?
There was no intercourse?
You cannot get pregnant unless the ejaculate came in contact with your vagina, and then the chances would be very very small.
Stress can cause a late or missed period. If your concerned, buy a home pregnancy test from the pharmacy. At 5 days late, it would show up by now if you were pregnant.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us