Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: White discharge...globby!

mlne31 - Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:27 pm

Hi there :)
I have been searching for some help on my question, and came across this forum...hopefully it can help me as I don't have a doctor anymore, and it's next to impossible to get in to see one anymore.
I was going to the washroom yesterday, and when I went to wipe, I noticed white globs in the toilet...of course, this startled me, so I checked to see if it in fact came from me...it did. Now, I am familiar with white discharge on occasion, but this seemed very strange. It seemed to be alot, and as I said, globby. I did check to see if it had a smell, and it didn't....but, today I have noticed a very foul smell "down there"....does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be??
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:08 pm

User avatar Yeast infection Symptoms
Itching and burning in the vagina and around the vulva (the skin that surrounds your vagina)
A white vaginal discharge that may look like cottage cheese
Pain during sexual intercourse
Swelling of the vulva
Can be treated with Monistat cream found at any drug store.
Does this sound like your symptoms?
 mlne31 - Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:11 pm

No..that's what is confusing. There are no other symptoms other than the white discharge last night, with no smell...yet, today there is an odour...
 Angela Grunewald, RN - Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:04 pm

User avatar during ovulation you may experience a thicker ,white in color discharge. this should subside. yeast infections are typically more of a "curdy" yellow/white discharge with a very prominent smell. some experience all or partial symptoms, however..itching is the most prevelant one. Hopefully this helps. My suggestion? see if this subsides...if it continues or gets worse I would treat with over the counter yeast treatment. however.....as always I recomend to ............see your doc:)...............Angela,RN
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:58 pm

Your symptoms are suggestive of leukorrhea, which simply means white discharge from the vagina. In the absence of signs of vaginal or vulval inflammation such as are associated with yeast infections, and the presence of malodor, the most likely cause of leukorrhea is bacterial vaginosis (BV).
The practice of vaginal douching is associated with a high incidence of BV and women having exposure to a new sex partner or multiple sex partners have an increased incidence. BV is easily diagnosed by vulvovaginal examination and analysis of vaginal fluid, and easily treated as well, so consulting a doctor to confirm or exclude the condition is the best advice I can offer.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us