Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Trying to get pregnant, missed periods

militarywife - Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:01 am

I'm a 27 year old mom of two trying to get pregnant again. But I have had irregular periods they seemed to get regular for a while now i'm back to not having them for the last 5 months. My last pap came back normal. I don't know what i should do. Have taken pregnancy tests all have come up negative. What should I do?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:45 am

User avatar You need to see your gynecologist to find out what the cause of the missed period is. A lot of times, a doctor will prescribe birth control pills to women who want to get pregnant to regulate their periods first, but since you havent had one in 5 months, you need to find out the reason behind it.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us