Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: vaginal warts/pimple?

yatrock - Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:58 pm

i seem to have had some warts in the vaginal area for a few months now, however, they are a little funny. they look like those warts that older women tend to get, when mole jsut start raising up, and they are a little like pimples, only i can't seem to pop them. the one looks more like a blood blister than anything, and is a little bit irritated, but not much. i'm jsut rather curious as to what these are, how i would have gooten them, and how i might be able to get rid of them, if at all. they aren't in the vagina, or right at the opening, but one in the public hair(front) and one just along my underwear line, between the anus and the vagina. i have not been sexually active since june, and as far as i'd noticed, these wart/pimple things didn't appear until a few months ago, so there was a fair time gap between my sexual activity and the appearance.or at least, my noticing. thanks.
 Nurse4you - Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:39 am

Dear yatrock
What you are describing could be genital warts or condyloma, both caused be different strains of the same virus, HPV. These don't always appear immediately after exposure to the virus.
Condyloma usually appear in clusters, whereas warts are separated.
Please see your gynecologist to ascertain what this could be. There are a couple of different ways this can be treated, either with topical medication, freezing off, or laser
Remember, unless in a monogamous relationship with someone you know has tested negative for HIV, HPV, Herpes, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, plese always use condoms!
Thanks so much!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us