Question: UTI after sex...help?

Trouble29 - Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:43 pm

It seems like I am getting a UTI every time after I had sex with my husband. My doctor even gave me antioboics to take after having intercourse, but that doesn't seem to be helping. Can anyone help me? I need some advise. My husband is getting really upset with me, because we have sex and then we have to wait about 2 weeks to have sex again. This is because I am hurting too bad to have sex very soon. I need to know if there is something that I can do before having intercourse! Are there any other medicine that can be taken on a daily basic??
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:15 am

User avatar Hi Trouble29,
Some suggestions I can give to you are:
Drink cranberry juice and plenty of water to help flush bacteria out of the bladder and urinary tract. Urinate directly after intercourse. You may want to try using a water based lubricant prior to intercourse to reduce friction.
 dsjeya - Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:20 am

woman have short urethera so more prone to uti.after intercourse is it std?
u and your husband need to take some invetigation
 Trouble29 - Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:44 pm

I will try to drink more water, and cranberry juice. Thanks for this advise!

I am confused as to why I should investigate about STD? My husband and I are both loyal to each other. What type of STD would we have??

Thanks for both comments!