Question: Severe abdominal pain after sex

sabriel - Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:06 pm

A few moments after having sex where he's behind me and I'm bent over, I get very severe lower abdominal cramps. This is maybe the fourth time this has happened, and I've been to my family doc for it, but the ultrasound didn't pick up anything, and when I had my annual, the only thing abnormal was the upper part of my uterus was folded back a bit. The pain is very severe, and my muscles all seem to clench up. I feel the urge to run away from the pain, but the only thing that helps and/or makes it go away is a bowel movement. After 5-10 minutes of that, the pain goes away, but I'm very aware of my abdomen, as though it would come back if I did the wrong thing. What's wrong with me?
 Nurse4you - Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:12 am

Dear sabriel-
In your post you complain of severe lower abdominal cramps. You also state that the upper part of my uterus was folded back a bit. This is known as a retroverted uterus, and is not entirely uncommon. The sexual position you describe is likely what causes this post coital pain. In this position your partners penis is likely coming into contact with your uterus repeatedly, causing the pain.
Try other positions. Let your partner this causes you discomfort, and he should understand! Also, be sure to go for your annual PAP!
Thanks!
 rams - Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:37 am

Rams
Dear doctor At the time of foreplay with husband ...

Dear doctor At the time of foreplay with husband and especially at extreme of orgasm I start feeling pain in my right flans, exactly at the point of right ovary. Is there any relation with hormones? This pain lasts for couple of the day Kindly suggest me what to do Thanks Rams